House Shortage


M. J. Benson Loses Barn and Contents and is Badly Burned in Trying to Save Property.

Benjamin Benson, a farmer living 18 miles northeast of this city near Indian Hills, was badly burned in a prairie fire Tuesday evening. The fire swept a large scope of country, his barn being ignited. It was while trying to release a broncho {sp} in the barn that Mr. Benson suffered his injuries, as he had to quit the horse and dash through a wall of flames in order to make his own escape. His face and hands were badly blistered, and he must also have inhaled some of the flames but, it is though {sp} that he will recover. The barn and contents were licked up clean within a few minutes.

Golden Valley Chronicle, 4/22/1910

Lazy Lout

Posted 04/21/2016