Ben Works of Towner county
loaded up his pipe from a supply of tobacco he carried loosely in his coat pocket. The air was becoming fragrant with fumes of the weed when an explosion took place and Ben's pipe, eyebrows, and general appearance assumed a very disappointed appearance. In some way a .22 cartridge had got into Ben's pocket and also into his pipe and when it became overheated it went off. The ball lodged in the ceiling and the only damage was a demolished brier and a slight burn on the Worlds' noble brow.
Grand Forks Evening Times, 4/29/1907