Miss Barbara Schillinger, the young girls who was so terribly burned by a kerosene explosion last December at Mandan, will soon be out of the hospital, almost fully recovered from her injuries. At first it was thought impossible to save the young lady, and later doctors believed that one arm would have to be amputated, but careful attention and considerable skin grafting has enabled her to recover completely. The first grafting was done last December when skin was taken from her brother and sister, Anton and Theresa. Most of it took, but some few pieces sloughed and it has been decided necessary to apply just a little more to the left arm. A man living near the Schilinger place kindly consented to give the needed cuticle and the operation was performed Sunday.
Valley City Times-Record, 2/6/1913