BOY MAY HAVE DIED OF GROSS NEGLECT
Said To Have Been Driven From Home Some Time Ago
DOCTOR WAS CALLED BY NEIGHBOR WOMAN BUT YOUTH WAS TOO FAR GONE TO BE GIVEN ANY AID.
William Terwillinger, aged 16 years, died at the home of Mrs. Brown of Cromwell Friday morning of pneumonia.
It is said that gross neglect was indirectly the cause of the youth's death.
During the past summer it is stated, young Terwilliger was driven from home by his father, when he went to the Wilton coal mine and worked for several weeks. A short time ago, as work became slack, he laid off and went to the home of a neighbor woman, a Mrs. Brown, to live. He was taken with a severe cold recently and Mrs. Brown is said to have administered to him to the best of her ability, but later pneumonia developed and on Thursday he became very much worse, when the doctor was sent for. However, the boy was so far gone that medical aid was of no avail, and he passed away within a few hours.
The funeral was held Saturday afternoon and intermnent was made at Baldwin. It is said that the funeral expenses were born by the county.
Bismarck Tribune, 1/1/1911