Martin Gores was taken to the Community hospital at Rolette Wednesday after having his right hand severely cut. He and Peter Heinz were grinding feed and were having trouble keeping the belt on the pulley. When Mr. Gores was going to wire the belt somehow so it would not slip, his hand was caught between the belt and pulley and cut through the ligaments and tendons to the bone completely around the hand. Dr. Reed gave him tetanus serum and it was hoped blood poisoning would not set in. No further particulars are note at this writing.
Turtle Moutain Star, 12/15/1938