Spirit Away

Blaze on New Year's Eve

Early on New Year's Eve a fire alarm was turned in about eight o'clock from the residence of Manager Miller of the Cavalier Co. Lumber Co., where the explosion of a gasoline stove left the kitchin {sp} badly scorched and much in evidence of what had happened. A second call phoned in notified the department that the fire had been put out and that its services would not be needed. As the home is up on the hill in the Dorval addition the boys were saved a long cold run through the snow from the fire hall to the Miller home. There were some, however, who would have liked to have seen the power from the new water works plant in action and put to the test.

Langdon Courier Democrat, 1/2/1919

400 Pound Chunk

Posted 01/09/2018