Junk in the Trunk


Pulled Tea Kettle From the Stove Spilling Contents Over Body

Tracie, the 3-year-old daughter of Mr. and Mrs Steener Steenerson, of Carthage, who was scalded Wednesday evening when she pulled a kettle of boiling water from the stove and spilled its contents over her little body, died about 2 o'clock this morning.

The child was playing about the kitchen of the Steenerson home, three miles from this city, and in some way the tea kettle caught her fancy. She reached up and pulled it off of the stove, the boiling water spilling all over her body. Her parents were close at hand and did everything possible to relieve her.

Early Thursday morning she was brought to the city and her wounds and injuries dressed, being taken home about 10 o'clock. About 6 o'clock the child's condition became worse and she was brought to the city, being taken to the Deaconess hospital in Grand Forks, where she died about 2 o'clock in the morning. The remains will be taken to Mekinock on Saturday where the funeral will be held Sunday.

Grand Forks Evening Times, 12/15/1911

Melville Drowns

Posted 01/19/2016