EXPLODING RADIATOR NEARLY BLINDS EDITOR
Arnegard, N.D., Feb 18—Editor Folkestad met with an injury that nearly impaired his eyesight in a most peculiar accident. Going to the hospital building in company with I. K. Olson to look over the building, he went up to the top story to taken down a radiator. Mr. Olson unscrewed one of the pipes, with a few of disconnecting the secions of the radiator, and it became necessary to have some light to see inside.
The radiator seems to have been filled with gas, as when the lighted match was placed up to the hole in the radiator an explosion followed, striking Mr. Folkestad squarely in the forehead and right eye. Dr. Larrahoe was summoned and removed all the particles from the forehead and eye, and stated that fortunately the pupil of the eye was not hurt.
Fargo Forum and Daily Republican, 2/16/1915