Raking The Yard


A horrible accident, by which one person lost her life and another was seriously burned, occurred at Milton at about 6:30 last evening. Mrs. Lars Hanson was in the act of pouring kerosene oil in a stove in order to make a fire when a terrific explosion resulted. Mrs. Hanson was blown clear across the room by the force of the explosion and was instantly killed. Her sister, Miss Doty, who was in the room, was seriously but not dangerously burned. Mr. Hanson and other gentlemen, who were in an adjoining room, rushed in and put out the fire. The Hanson family reside about a half mile from town.

Bismarck Daily Tribune, 1-18-1902

Not The Kick

Posted 02/25/2013