CHOKED TO DEATH ON A PIECE OF MEAT.
Langdon, N. D., May 18.—Bernard Newman, living a few miles northwest of Loma, is dead, as a result of choking on a piece of meat while eating his dinner. He lived for about a half hour after the mishap took place. Dr. Law of Munich was called, but by the time he arrived the man was dead and the doctor could do nothing.
He was an old settler and well known throughout this section. He was a single man and is survived by a widowed mother who lived with him.
Devils Lake Weekly World, 5/24/1912