Brandy Hooked

Only his presence of mind saved M. G. Breslin, manager of the Sherwood Electric Co. from death by electrocution Monday evening. Mr. Breslin was tightening a loose burr on the switch board with a pair of pliers when a "leak" sent 135 volts of current thru his body, throwing him down and partly melting the pliers. By means of a wire within reach, he was able to short the current and release himself. The lead in a pencil in his pocket was also melted. The accident occured about six o'clock. Mike says that death was never closer when he was monkeying with wires overseas.

Ward County Independent, 3/9/1922

Spokane Limited

Posted 03/27/2014